We are looking for multiple Full Stack Web Developers for permanent roles for our client. Read on if you have a passion for solving tough problems with high quality
Our client is an online retail company and a Vancouver success story. We love this company because of the calibre of people that they hire and the great culture that they have.
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- Possess a degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related subject and solid computer science fundamentals and 7 years of experience in web development, preferably in e-commerce.
- Strong CS fundamentals and domain experience than expertise in particular technologies.
- Adaptable and able to pick up new technologies quickly and become productive in new ecosystems. You are not locked into a particular programming environment or set of technologies.
- Strong in either front or back end and comfortable in the other.
- For the back, have a firm understanding of data structures and algorithms and the application to high traffic transactional web systems, understand relational and non-relational databases and object-relational mapping.
- Have experience with modern Java application frameworks, ideally Spring or microservices.
- Understand and have applied software engineering best practices around code reviews, testing methodologies, continuous integration and deployment, version control (especially git) and branching strategies, documentation, object oriented design and programming, service oriented architecture, enterprise service bus and microservices, API design, REST and JSON, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, AB testing, estimating, minimal viable product (MVP) engineering, logging, monitoring, alerting, the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) and lean.
- Can troubleshoot production issues and assume devops and first responder responsibilities.
- Partner effectively with the business and manage stakeholders and their expectations, educating and pushing back when appropriate.
- Mentor and coach other engineers, including peers.
If you would like to explore this position further please apply now!
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.