Are you a Business Intelligence Engineer who can bring fresh ideas to the table and take initiative? Do you enjoy working on high profile projects and do you like working with other smart people?
We are looking for a BI Engineer for a permanent role or 6-month contract with high probability of extension for our client.
Our client is an online retail company and a Vancouver success story. We love this company because of the calibre of people that they hire and the great culture that they have.
The BI engineer will help design, architect, build, and implement a brand new Business Intelligence platform from scratch.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day-to-day basis:
- Developing and maintaining robust data integrations capable of handling of very large datasets, performing all the necessary data transformations to populate data warehouse / data lake that is optimized for reporting and analytics.
- Designing, integrating and documenting technical components for seamless data extraction and analysis.
- Develop and maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models transactional & data warehouse - set up the physical data model including all physical database objects such as indexes, tablespaces, table partitions, table constraints, relationships.
- Identifying, designing, and implementing process improvements through automation and the evolution of our systems and technology stack
- Implement best practices when designing/building solutions, enable data sources to empower analytical problem-solving and help the team find actionable business insights.
- Working with our business teams to perform complex data analyses and building predictive models
- Work cross functionally and communicate effectively to enable effective flow of projects with key stakeholders
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience as a Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer
- Extensive hands on experience in the Microsoft BI stack - SSIS, SSRS, MS SQL, Power BI
- Exposure to cloud solutions, ideally AWS
- Experience with visualization tools such as Tableau
- Demonstrated experience in creating dashboards, slideshows, storytelling guidebooks
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines architectures of highly scalable big data stores
- Experience in the physical and logical design of database architecture and semantic data models for relational data warehouses and data lakes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing individuals and teams at different levels
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.