We are looking for a BI Engineer for permanent role for our client. Read on if you have a passion for solving tough problems with high quality.
Our client is an online retail company and a Vancouver success story. We love this company because of the calibre of people that they hire and the great culture that they have.
The Data engineer will help build, scale and maintain the enterprise data warehouse and supporting analytics. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of technical and functional designs for Databases, Data Warehousing and analytics. The candidate should feed on challenges and love to be hands on with recent technologies. You are passionate for continuous learning, experimenting, innovation, leading and contributing towards building a world class analytics solution.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Developing and maintaining robust data integrations capable of handling of very large datasets, performing all of the necessary data transformations to populate data warehouse / data lake that is optimized for reporting and analytics.
- Designing, integrating and documenting technical components for seamless data extraction and analysis.
- Develop and maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models transactional & data warehouse - setup the physical data model including all physical database objects such as indexes, tablespaces, table partitions, table constraints, relationships.
- Identifying, designing, and implementing process improvements through automation and the evolution of our systems and technology stack
- Implement best practices when designing/building solutions, enable data sources to empower analytical problem-solving and help the team find actionable business insights.
- Working with our business teams to perform complex data analyses and building predictive models
- Work cross functionally and communicate effectively to enable effective flow of projects with key stakeholders
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in data engineering related to extracting data from multiple cloud-based solutions, cleansing and data transformations and data modelling
- Extensive hands on experience in SQL, MS SQL, Power BI, Tableau, Python
- Experience in working with cloud solutions like Microsoft Azure or AWS Redshift and implementation of reporting, analytics and/or data warehousing solutions
- Demonstrated experience in creating dashboards, slideshows, storytelling guidebooks
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines architectures of highly scalable big data stores
- Experience in the physical and logical design of database architecture and semantic data models for relational data warehouses and data lakes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing individuals and teams at different levels
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.