Are you an AWS Cloud Architect who has automated a real-world production environment? Do you want to work for a company where you can make an impact and your work will be seen?
Our client is a company that provides services to the residents of BC. We love this company because they have great work life balance and you get to see the results of your work.
Our client has asked us to look for an AWS Cloud Architect for a permanent role. The AWS Architect will come with 3 years AWS specific experience and 5 years application development experience. You have a strong background in API's, complex integration development and architecting n-tier applications.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Design, implement and maintain all AWS infrastructure and services within a managed service environment.
- Design, Deploy and maintain enterprise class security, network and systems management applications within an AWS environment.
- Design and implement availability, scalability, and performance plans for the AWS managed service environment.
- Continual re-evaluation of existing stack and infrastructure to maintain optimal performance, availability, security and cost optimization.
- Implement process and quality improvements through task automation. Institute infrastructure as code, security automation and automation or routine maintenance tasks.
- Perform data migration from on premises environments into AWS
- Support the business development lifecycle (Business Development, Capture, Solution Architect, Pricing and Proposal Development)
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- 7+ years of experience as a technical specialist
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Extensive experience with AWS (AWS Cloud Formation, AWS EC2, S3, VPC, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Amazon Kinesis, AWS Lambda, Amazon Simple Queue Service (Amazon SQS), Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS), and Amazon Simple Workflow Service (Amazon SWF)
- Strong knowledge of AWS SDK and development experience with one of the programming languages – Java, .Net
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Puppet, Chef, Ansible or similar.
- Experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure.
- Prior success in automating a real-world production environment.
- Strong scripting skills, i.e., Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewalling.
- Strong knowledge with Web Services, API Gateways and application integration development and design
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Experience with revision control source code repositories
- Management of continuous integration servers like Jenkins and Bamboo.
- Knowledge of containerization (Docker, AWS EKS, ECS)
- Knowledge of agile software development practices and release management
- Thorough understanding of Cloud Computing: virtualization technologies, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service and Software as a Service Cloud delivery models and the current competitive landscape.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Knowledge of DevOps methods and CI/CD automation practices
- Knowledge of containerization technologies (Docker, AWS EKS,AWS ECS etc.)
- Knowledge of data migration practices and technologies
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.