Are you a Development Lead, Big Data who is looking to lead a small, highly focused team, responsible for delivering components in systems utilizing Big Data technology? Our Client is the leader in their industry providing solutions for the global financial sector. We love this company because they have been recognized with numerous awards, is rapidly growing, and is located in a beautiful office in Gastown.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Development Lead, Big Data for a permanent position. This is an opportunity to champion the introduction of new technologies, methodologies, development styles and processes to increase overall efficiency.
Here's what you'll be doing on a daily basis:
- Lead an agile development team to design, implement, deploy and maintain large scale systems
- People management for 1 to 3 developers, including performance management and career development
- Initiate and produce design artifacts and spikes
- Own APIs utilized by components managed by other teams
- Oversee the implementation of a build, deployment and monitoring pipeline
- Own the strategy and implementation of performance testing
- Help improve the team through code reviews, documentation, coaching and technical guidance
- Identify and propose strategies around technical problems affecting the team
- Provide feedback on:
- System architecture relating to features being worked on
- Feature requirements in collaboration with the Product Manager
- Defect reports, test plans, and test automation strategy/priorities in collaboration with the Test Lead
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- 8+ years of Java development experience, building multi-threaded applications and services in an agile environment
- 3+ years of people management and leadership experience, overseeing 1 to 3 Developers
- Experience utilizing Big Data technologies, such as Hadoop, Kafka, and Cassandra, to build applications that contain petabytes of data and process millions of transactions per day
- API development experience in service and resource-oriented architectures
- Experience with web services technology such as REST, JSON, or Thrift
- Understanding of network protocols such as HTTP, TLS, TCP
- Passion for Test Driven Development
- Experience with any of the following is an asset:
- Cloud computing, virtualization and containerization
- Continuous integration systems
- Deployment technology such as Ansible
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.