Are you a DevOps Engineering Manager who is looking to build a top-tier DevOps team that will help us invent and transform Information Management through technology that is elegant, sophisticated, user-centric, and thought leading. Our Client is the leader in their industry providing solutions for the global financial sector. We love this company because they have been recognized with numerous awards, is rapidly growing, and is located in a beautiful office in Gastown.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a DevOps Engineering Manager for a permanent position. This is an opportunity to lead a team dealing with complex challenges while still getting to be involved in hands-on technical work.
Here's what you'll be doing on a daily basis:
- Lead a team of talented DevOps Engineers responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of production systems and development/test environments
- Instantiate a culture of knowledge sharing and avoid knowledge hoarding
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognize the individual strengths and contributions of your team members
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and processes
- Work with product managers to ensure the teams are delivering an accurate product build and work with project managers to ensure the schedules and controls for the development teams are met
- Work with appropriate stakeholder to ensure production issues are resolved quickly
- Own your team's deliverables and product quality. Ensure we continue to ship scalable, highly-available, and world class products to our customers
- Help your team build relationships across functions with Development, QA, Operations, Support and other teams to ensure Global Relay’s continuing success
- Be a hands-on DevOps team manager who will spend up to 50% of their time in design reviews, sprint planning and other Agile artifacts. Some active coding and environment administration is a requirement for this role
- Appreciate and advocate for information security and secure coding practices
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- An M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- 8 years of DevOps experience, shipping and supporting enterprise grade software, using multiple platforms, languages and tooling
- 2+ years of experience as a hands-on DevOps team manager
- Demonstrated track record leading geographically dispersed teams
- Demonstrated track record of being a change agent, leaving every team and process better than you found it
- Strong communication and consensus building skills
- Your skills are language, framework, and toolset agnostic
- Prior exposure to external audits
- Experience with continuous integration systems
- Experience with a full stack SaaS development environment
- Experience with advanced web applications
- Experience with API’s in service and resource-oriented architectures
- Experience with large complex databases and data quality and lifecycle issues
- Experience with mobile applications is a plus
Here’s a list of the technologies you’ll using:
- Big Data Technology (Cassandra, Zookeeper, Hadoop, Kafka)
- Serialization libraries (Thrift, Protocol Buffers)
- Text search engines (Lucene, ElasticSearch)
- Deployment Automation (Ansible, Puppet, Fabric,)
- Continuous Integration Systems (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Scripting (Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash)
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.