Are you a Senior Software Engineer who is highly motivated, and self-driven? Do you want to work on high traffic and high performance APIs? Our client is a software company that is a leader in their field. We love this company because of the high caliber of their employees and the entrepreneurial and innovative spirit that they foster.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Senior Software Engineer for a permanent position. The SSE is a key contributor through all stages of the software development lifecycle. You will be able to make an impact, leveraging your emerging leadership and collaboration abilities to execute on various organizational initiatives, designing and delivering industry-leading solutions.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Design, develop, deliver, and maintain product features that delight consumers and drive strong business outcomes
- Develop solutions that are of high quality, scalable, cloud-based, reliable, and reusable
- Work collaboratively in an Agile team to plan and execute at high velocity, and across teams to fulfill product vision
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to identify solutions and define acceptance criteria that solve key business problems
- Explore technologies and prototype solutions that can be leveraged to introduce new innovations in meeting business and customer goals
- Leverage AWS to scale the system to support complex use cases
- Coach and guide your team to implement strong engineering standards and practices
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in full-stack software design and development – you can understand and communicate a feature design from model to endpoint to the front-end
- Experience with developing complex software systems using modern frameworks, tools, and systems; experience with Node.js and React is a definite asset
- Ability to decompose complex business problems and communicate solutions succinctly
- Experience with AWS-based architectures, development, and deployment
- A strong results and outcome-driven focus, delivering value to customers rapidly
- Strong empathy for our customers and a passion for exceeding their expectations, always!
- A passion for learning, continuous improvement, sharing, and working in a team environment
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science / Engineering or related field, or equivalent professional experience
If you feel you are a good fit for this position, please apply now!
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.