Are you a Senior Software Engineer who is highly motivated, and self-driven? Do you want to work on high traffic and high performance APIs? Our client is a software company that is a leader in their field. We love this company because of the high caliber of their employees and the entrepreneurial and innovative spirit that they foster.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Senior Software Engineer for a permanent position. You will be contributing to the delivery of high performance, high traffic, and highly available services, with built-in scalability and monitoring both on-premises and in the AWS cloud. You will touch on all aspects of the product delivery including understanding acceptance criteria, designing the application, writing/unit testing/deploying code, and monitoring the system.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Learn the systems and their upstream and downstream dependencies inside out and familiarize yourself with each and every flow.
- Design solid architectures and implement solid code for delivering new services or enhancing new ones for professionals.
- Develop solutions that are of high quality, high performance, scalable, cloud-based, reliable, and reusable.
- Proactively focus on identifying areas of improvement, including code quality and process, and work with the team to improve those areas, prevention is better than cure.
- Work in a micro services environment where there are many services to learn from and integrate with.
- Identify cross-team, cross-function dependencies, communicate clearly with other teams and seek collaborative solutions.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders including Product Owners – regarding user stories, acceptance criteria, definition of done, and other program-related decisions
- Coach, mentor, and guide your team to deliver the best solution keeping in mind return on investment and total cost of ownership
- Investigate and prototype technologies that can be leveraged to introduce new innovations in meeting business and customer goals
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of experience in development – you can understand and communicate a feature design end-to-end
- Designing and building complex, robust, and highly scalable production applications
- Proficiency with API and microservices
- Experience with version control systems (preferably Git) and CI/CD
- Passion for engineering best practices and a proactive approach
- Strong understanding of information retrieval systems. Experience designing systems using NoSQL databases.
- Experience with AWS stack - at least few of the following - EC2, ECS, Lambda, SQS, Kinesis, SNS, ElasticSearch, Document DB, DynamoDB, API Gateway
- Experience with GraphQL is a plus
- Good understanding of distributed systems.
If you feel you are a good fit for this position, please apply now!
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.