Are you a Senior Manager, Software Engineering who would like to exercise your highly developed collaboration abilities interacting with other technology teams on broader cross-organization initiatives? Do you want to work on high traffic and high performance APIs? Our client is a software company that is a leader in their field. We love this company because of the high caliber of their employees and the entrepreneurial and innovative spirit that they foster.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Senior Manager, Software Engineering for a permanent position. You’ll have the chance to work in a start-up culture with the support of a large company. You will "wear many hats" planning system design, building products, and directly interacting with customers.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Directly supervise a team of highly talented engineers
- Design, develop, deliver, and maintain some of our core services that drive key functionality
- Develop solutions that are high quality, scalable, reliable, and reusable
- Work collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum team to plan sprints, expand stories into tasks, work on removing impediments, and execute at top velocity
- Investigate technologies that can be leveraged to introduce new innovations in meeting business and customer goals
- Provide input into process improvement initiatives to improve quality and timeliness of deliverables with high predictability
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of hands-on professional software development experience architecting, building, deploying, and delivering backend services
- 3+ years’ experience of supervising of 5 or more software engineers in a demanding engineering environment
- Technical lead experience leading a product team and setting day to day technical direction. Successful track record of delivering on projects, both individually and as a leader
- Strong backend services / API development experience, preferably using Node.js and REST/JSON
- Experience with server and client performance optimization for high traffic web applications (preferred)
- Experience with unit test frameworks, and test automation tools is a definite asse
If you feel you are a good fit for this position, please apply now!
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.