Would you like to work for a well-known brand on high traffic web and mobile products? Do you have strong leadership and technical skills and do you want to work with other smart people? Our client has web and mobile products that are used my millions of users. We love this company because of their great culture and the impact that each employee can have on the company.
We are looking for a Director Software Engineering for our client for a permanent role.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Technical oversight over critical engineering projects in our portfolio.
- Manage and mentor Engineering Managers with respect to their goal setting and goal success, professional development,
- Implement best practice engineering methods and software quality initiatives through direct coaching of individual contributors and managers, group training, and through the selection of appropriate tools and reporting methods.
- Help guide new product ideas by providing feasibility assessments and system recommendations.
- Mange the administrative and human resources functions of the engineering org including recruitment, performance management and payroll.
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- Fantastic communication skills and stakeholder management, including those at the executive level.
- A background of and preferably direct technical experience with both B2B and B2C products.
- Microsoft .Net platform development in C#, ASP.Net, MVC, Web API, etc. using Visual Studio and related tools
- Azure platform development
- Agile methodologies, and related tools such as Jira Experience in a Kanban-based environment
- People leadership
- Thrives in working as a hands-on leader, mentor, and coach to development team members
- Excellent written & spoken English / communication & presentation skills
- University Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Technology Management, or related subject.
- Minimum 7 year’s management experience in online software industry; strong knowledge of software service design and patterns, functional usability, and web application architectures.
- Strong experiences with Microsoft platform web development.
- Experience with cloud-based solutions, ideally with Microsoft Azure
If you would like to explore this position further, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.