Are you a Senior Project Manager with a strong background in Human Resources and previous HRIS project experience at an enterprise level? Do you want to work on projects with high visibility and executive level buy in? Our client is a global leader in its field and a high profile employer in Vancouver. We love this company because of the opportunity consultants have to work on interesting projects and with like minded people.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Senior Project Manager, HRIS for a 12-18 month contract to work on a high profile HRIS project.
The HRIS Project Manager is responsible for leading major HR systems projects, HR systems and process design, HR systems configuration, data standards, reporting and analytics. This position works with the HRIS Director and partners with a range of HR and Technology resources in researching, analyzing and coordinating and leading system implementation, enhancements and upgrade projects.
The role will include managing and coordinating efforts to implement a unified Time and Attendance solution, and implementing a Payroll & Benefits strategy across the full geography, including Europe and Asia-Pac.
The HRIS Project Manager will work with HR, Technology, and other business sponsors to determine and coordinate the project lifecycle. This includes creating the project scope, determining the resources required, estimating the project costs, defining the project schedule, assigning tasks, scope control, project communications, implementation, change management and the turnover to production support.
The HRIS Project Manager will work closely with business sponsors to evaluate the business scope/objectives, assess impacts to the project and develop the most cost-effective and efficient solutions. The HRIS Project Manager will collaborate with all areas of Technology to ensure appropriate technical resources are assigned to the project
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Support the development of a strategic implementation plan and execution strategy for HRIS objectives.
- Provides full-cycle project management for large projects in conjunction with HR, IT and departmental leaders to provide solutions to a variety of business operation and HRIS needs.
- Plan, lead, coordinate, and collaborate to lead projects through the appropriate phases of implementation and support
- Manages project timeline, budget, risks and scope; maintains project documentation, produces status reports and communicates status to management and stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Organize and lead project teams; and work collaboratively with the project sponsor to meet project goals.
- Consult with Project Sponsors to develop business requirements documents, develop project charters, work breakdown structures, project schedules and milestone plans, risk management, communication plans, issue logs and decision log.
- Coordinate and facilitate project team meetings, including agenda preparation, documentation of meeting discussion, and follow up items. Provide ongoing communication about project decisions.
- Gather status input from team members, maintain the project schedule, and publish status reports to project and PMO stakeholders.
- Escalate “at risk" tasks or issues in accordance to the PMO Escalation process.
- Identify, document, communicate, track and resolve issues to help the team meet project objectives. Maintain project documentation for future reference and audit requirements.
- Schedule and facilitate post implementation reviews, lessons learned exercises, project closure activities.
- Facilitate demonstrations of new functionality, new systems, and prototypes of new solutions to HR and/or departmental leadership.
- Represent HRIS where appropriate in cross organizational meetings and forums.
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- Strong project manager with extensive experience managing enterprise projects and programs
- Must have experience with multiple HRIS implementations with a solid understanding of the impact of HR systems
- General knowledge of benefits, payroll, learning management systems, performance management systems, and time management concepts
- Solid understanding of system configurations and data flow Microsoft Office skills to effectively document and/or enhance processes
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills
- Must have experience working with all levels within an organization
- Effective at working in a group setting and communicating with multiple stakeholders
- Strong time and work management skills and ability to prioritize incoming workload
- Experience with creating and enhancing support documents and quick reference guides on assigned.
If you would like to explore this position further, please apply now!
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.