Are you a UI Designer who can visually guide a user through a product’s interface via interactive elements and across all platforms? Are you able to create wire frames, storyboards, high fidelity mock-ups, and graphic assets for a variety of enterprise services? Our Client is the leader in their industry providing solutions for the global financial sector. We love this company because they have been recognized with numerous awards, is rapidly growing, and is located in a beautiful office in Gastown.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a UI Designer for a full-time permanent position. Working with other UI and Interaction Designers, Product Managers and Development, you will be responsible for delivering polished, pixel perfect designs that bring clarity and unity to the visual appearance of our clients products.
Here’s what you’ll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Apply with conviction and skill the best principles and standards of graphic design and user experience
- Design icons and other graphics assets for use in our applications
- Create detailed, high-fidelity visual mock-ups based on wireframes and requirements
- Follow, establish and document design standards for our clients design system library
- Work with our development team to prototype, test and iterate on interface designs
- Create pixel perfect deliverables from concepts to full execution
- Design appealing and usable interfaces for web, desktop and mobile while maintaining a consistent aesthetic and user experience
- Conceptualize ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex workflows
- Be an active member within cross-functional Agile teams throughout the design and development process
Here’s the kind of person we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a UI designer with true artistic talent and a clean, strong visual aesthetic. Relevant work experience is important, but we’re really looking for your talent to shine through in the work you have done.
- 3+ years’ experience doing visual/UI design for web, desktop and mobile applications
- Solid portfolio of relevant UI design work from shipped products/ apps/ services
- Knowledge of conventional design tools such as Illustrator, Sketch, Figma, etc.
- Ability to create icons and other web images
- Ability to create and quickly iterate on high-fidelity mock-ups
- Ability to communicate UI ideas verbally and visually in an efficient and clear manner
- Strong typographic and color theory knowledge
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in an environment with rapidly changing responsibilities and requirements
- Experience working within the enterprise world or building full-featured applications (web or otherwise)
- Knowledge of modern, cross-browser CSS and standards-compliant HTML
- Knowledge of mobile application standards, both Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and Google’s Material Design
- Interest in Motion UI Design
- Experience working within multi-disciplinary UX team
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates