Are you a UX Designer who can champion our client’s users in all phases of the product management cycle? Are you able conduct research to understand customer problems, work with the business to understand their needs, collaborate with UI designers and developers to design the final product? Our client is the leader in their industry providing solutions for the global financial sector. We love this company because they have been recognized with numerous awards, is rapidly growing, and is located in a beautiful office in Gastown.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a UX Designer for a full-time permanent position. This role provides an excellent opportunity to help solve tough problems and create great experiences that have a significant impact on our client’s customers.
Here’s what you’ll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Advocate for our customers by gaining a deep understanding of their work and the challenges they face
- Be a key partner to stakeholders and product management in helping to come up with approaches that work – you’re not here to just “gather” requirements
- Proactively apply research techniques that are appropriate to the problem being addressed
- Concept, prototype, validate, fine-tune and present design solutions
- Communicate those solutions to our developers in an agile software development environment
- Create sketches, flows, wireframes and other design artifacts
- Help identify and leverage metrics to drive product management and measure success
- Guide and coach other designers and non-designers to uplift their design thinking capabilities
- Join a diverse team using modern tools
Here’s the kind of person we’re looking for:
- 6+ years’ experience doing user experience design for web, desktop or mobile applications
- Solid portfolio showing your UX process and how it resulted in products that people love
- Experience with a range of tools and the willingness to adopt to new tools as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and keep organized in a dynamic environment
- Very good understanding of web technologies
- Empathy, intellectual curiosity and openness to learn about compliance in finance
- Experience in an Enterprise business environment is definitely an asset
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates