Are you a Strategic Product Manager who can take ownership of a major product line with a large enterprise SaaS company? Are you able to be work closely with clients to fully understand their needs and understand how to add value to their services?
Our client is the leader in their industry providing solutions for the global financial sector. We love this company because they have been recognized with numerous awards, is rapidly growing, and is located in a beautiful office in Gastown.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Strategic Product Manager for a full-time permanent position. This role provides an excellent opportunity to play a major role in shaping a key product for the business working alongside a team of talented professionals.
Here’s what you’ll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Leading the vision of the product within the team
- Working directly with customers/prospects to understand what they need to be able to do with our client’s services to be successful in their jobs
- Serving as primary product expert (functional, not technical) for the products for which they are responsible
- Developing and maintaining the product roadmap and backlog for their products that are aligned with their product strategy and wider portfolio roadmap and backlog
- Assembling business requirements into releases and be able to justify the business value of their product priorities
- Defining project objectives for the development team clearly and efficiently
- Communicating scope requirements internally using the most suitable format, including themes, initiatives, epics, user stories, workflows, use cases, narratives, and other appropriate methods
- Ensuring mapping of user stories and epics to features, market problems, and value propositions
- Coordinating cross-product dependencies within the Product Management team
- Managing the product life cycle including successful product launches, iterations, and product end-of-life
- Supporting Marketing, Provisioning, Sales, and Support through leading the development and maintenance of various technical marketing collateral, announcements, release notes, FAQs, user guides, etc
- Coordinating beta testing of new products and features
- Documenting and reporting problems and recommending solutions/improvements to the team
- Participating in product performance benchmarking activities
- Managing direct reports by conducting one-on-ones, reviews, coaching/training, and ensuring appropriate workload
How can you be successful in this role?
- Understanding your service area and components and how they fit into the larger platform to provide business value to our core markets
- Understanding our core markets, product strategy, and customer business problems and propose intelligent solutions to the problems with the business
- Defining and aligning the roadmap covering your service area with the strategic portfolio roadmap covering the platform
- Defining and prioritizing business needs to be addressed and the requirements at an Epic level that define the whole solution
- Collaborating effectively with Product Management, Architects, and Development to break work down into multiple releases so that business value is recognized with each release
- Communicating the business value of features/solution in your service area to the business and customers
- Managing and mentoring direct reports in their service area as they define and prioritize requirements, plan and monitor projects, and coordinate activities across teams and departments
Here’s the kind of person we’re looking for:
- 5-10 years of product management experience for a SaaS or enterprise software company
- Ability to effectively interface with customers and all stakeholders within the organization
- Strong technical background is required
- Strong requirement elicitation, analysis, domain modelling, use case modeling, workflow design, and documentation skills
- Strong problem solving skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with cross-functional teams that include engineering, sales, and marketing staff is required
- Experience with a SaaS, messaging, or enterprise software company is considered an asset
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates