Are you a Development Lead, Data Acquisition who is looking to lead a small, highly focused team, responsible for delivering services related to data collection and conversion from third party systems? Our Client is the leader in their industry providing solutions for the global financial sector. We love this company because they have been recognized with numerous awards, is rapidly growing, and is located in a beautiful office in Gastown.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Development Lead, Data Acquisition for a permanent position. This is an opportunity to champion the introduction of new technologies, methodologies, development styles and processes to increase overall efficiency.
Here's what you'll be doing on a daily basis:
- Lead and delegate tasks to a team of developers and ensure tasks are completed, including personally producing high quality code (a minimum of 50% of the role will include coding)
- Initiate and produce design artifacts and spikes detailing approaches for integrating services with third party messaging platforms
- Partner with the Test Lead and Product Manager to define requirements and tasks for the team
- Oversee the implementation of a proper build, deployment and monitoring pipeline
- Own the strategy and implementation of performance testing
- People management for 1 to 3 developers, including performance management and career development
- Help improve the team through code reviews, documentation, and technical guidance
- Identify and propose strategies around technical problems affecting the team
- Work with the Test staff to determine and prioritize the requirements for test automation as well as providing feedback on test plans
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- Thorough understanding of Core Java in a Senior role, with a proven track record of building and deploying scalable, multi-threaded applications and services in an agile environment
- People management experience, overseeing 1 to 3 Developers
- API development experience in service and resource-oriented architectures
- Experience with web services technology such as REST, JSON, or Thrift
- Understanding of network protocols such as HTTP, TLS, TCP
- Passion for Test Driven Development
- Experience with any of the following is an asset:
- Cloud computing, virtualization and containerization
- Big Data technology, such as Hadoop, Kafka, or Cassandra
- Continuous integration systems
- Security in an Enterprise environment
- Deployment technology such as Ansible
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.