Are you a Data Migration Engineer (Opensource) who wants to make an impact on a growing company? Are you easy to work with and enjoy interacting with different teams? Our client is a high growth SaaS product company that is looking to hire their first Data Migration Engineer (Opensource). We love this company because every person in the company will be a voice on the culture, how they work, and the process.
Our client has asked us to help them find a Data Migration Engineer (Opensource) for a permanent position. The Data Migration Engineer will work with other team members to successfully migrate data into our client's system when new customers sign up.
Here is what you will be doing on a day-to-day basis:
- Massage and manipulate data from disparate sources to support complicated imports for new customers
- Work closely with Import Specialists and Customer Service diagnose and remediate customer data issues
- Work closely with Import Specialists and Customer Service to estimate and communicate timelines
- Build, maintain, enhance, and optimize the tools being used to import data
- Collaborate in design, build, testing, and roll out of new data management features
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- You are an expert in SQL
- You have experience with PostgreSQL
- You are comfortable with UNIX environments and tools like awk, grep and sed
- You have experience with Ruby on Rails
- You enjoy complex problem solving
- You take great care and are meticulous when double checking your work
- You work well on your own but also as part of a team
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.