Are you a senior Java Developer who has strong computer science fundamentals and can hit the ground running? Do you have deep web experience and have you dealt with scalability and consumer-facing web sites?
Our client is an online retail company and a Vancouver success story. We love this company because of the calibre of people that they hire and the great culture that they have.
Our client has asked us to help them look for a strong Java Developer for a permanent position.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Be involved in all aspects of the Application Development Lifecycle.
- Provide assistance on technical design and architecture of business solutions, including client/server, service-oriented and web-driven architectures.
- Perform functional analysis and debugging.
- Collaborate with other team members to define, design, plan and launch new features.
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews, help enforce best practices, coding guidelines and code quality.
- Write and update documentation of requirements, design and source code.
- Accurately quantify and estimate application development timelines.
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolving production issues.
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject.
- 3+ years of experience with J2EE/Java and Spring Framework.
- Experience with Microservices
- Experience developing APIs (SOAP and/or REST).
- Object Oriented Design methodologies experience and Object Relational Mapping (Hibernate) skills are a must.
- Strong DB design and knowledge of MS SQL Server 2012 with experience on database performance tuning tools and techniques.
- Previous Apache Tomcat configuration/deployment experience.
- Experience with at least one version control system (Git is preferable)
- Experience with test-driven development.
- Ability to work well in team environment as well as individually.
- Experience in Agile/Scrum software development methodologies.
- Knowledge and experience in eCommerce Development and/or with Elasticpath framework and Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) would be an asset.
If you would like to explore this position further please apply now!
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.