Are you a Machine Learning Engineer who has strong computer science fundamentals and expertise in Java? Have you built Machine Learning infrastructure before?
Our client is an online retail company and a Vancouver success story. We love this company because of the caliber of people that they hire and the great culture that they have.
Our client has asked us to help them look for a strong Machine Learning Engineer for a 6 month contract. You will be helping design, build and test data-driven Machine Learning products on the web. You will be applying AI and web technologies to the customer experience in a variety of settings, such as their product discovery journey, personalization, smart customer communications and more.
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- You have 7+ years experience writing high quality code for modern software applications and have a BS in Engineering or Computer Science
- You live and breathe Java
- You have 2+ years’ experience developing ML / AI infrastructure, and getting ML models into production, and you have a passion for this technology
- You have 2+ years’ experience using AWS cloud services in your day-to-day (e.g. EC2, AWS Data Lake, Redshift, AWS Deep Learning AMIs, etc.)
- You have 1-2 years’ experience writing R and/or Python for data science projects
- You have 5+ years’ interacting with structured data in SQL databases
- You have 1-2 years’ experience working with unstructured and/or semi-structured data in noSQL databases (or are keen to apply noSQL database technologies in your next project)
- You have 2+ years’ experience working with CI/CD technologies like Jenkins in your day-to-day
- You have 1-2 years’ experience working with Docker or other container technologies
- You automate common development tasks when you need to, but take advantage of off the shelf solutions (when they exist and are easily accessible)
- You work well as part of a team but can also work independently
If you would like to explore this position further please apply now!
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.