Are you an Area Product Manager who is driven, accountable, and loves to work on leading edge technology? Have you been a Product Manager in SaaS environments with exposure to Big Data/ Data Visualization? Our Client is the leader in their industry providing solutions for the global financial sector. We love this company because they have been recognized with numerous awards, is rapidly growing, and is located in a beautiful office in Gastown.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for an Area Product Manager for a permanent position to join a focused, agile product team to tackle interesting problems to do with scalability and high availability in big data environments. Challenge yourself with delivering products to some of the worlds largest and most influential firms.
Here's what you'll be doing on a daily basis:
- Work directly with customers/prospects to understand what they need to be able to do with our clients’ services to be successful in their jobs
- Serve as primary product expert (functional, not technical) for the product area for which they are responsible.
- Develop and maintain product roadmap and backlog for their product area that is aligned with the strategic platform roadmap and backlog
- Assemble requirements into releases and be able to justify the business value of their product priorities
- Clearly define project objectives for the development team
- Communicate scope requirements including themes, initiatives, epics, user stories, workflows, use cases, narratives, and other appropriate methods
- Ensure mapping of user stories and epics to features, market problems, and value propositions
- Coordinate cross-product dependencies within the Product Management team
- Manage the product lifecycle including managing successful product launches and product end-of-life
- Support marketing, sales, and support through leading the development and maintenance of various technical marketing collateral
- Manage their direct reports by conducting one-on-ones, reviews, coaching/training, and ensuring appropriate workload
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- 5-7 years of product management, Product Owner experience for a SaaS, or enterprise-level software company
- Experience working with big data technologies and data visualization tools
- Experience building/maintaining products that requires reporting on petabytes of data
- Ability to effectively interface & communicate with customers and all stakeholders within the organization
- Strong technical background is required
- Strong requirement elicitation, analysis, domain modelling, use case modeling, workflow design, and documentation skills
- Strong business analysis skills
- Strong problem solving skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have experience with cross-functional teams that include engineering, sales, and marketing staff
- Working knowledge of Lean/Agile, DevOps, and traditional SDLC methodologies
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.