Are you a Business Analyst who is entrepreneurial and loves to work with data? Do you want to work with a strong team and on online projects that are used extensively by our local community?
Our client is a technology startup company which has the financial backing of a well-established, well-connected parent company. We love this company because each team member can make a significant impact, and because they like to hire smart, engaged people.
Our client has asked us to search for a Business Analyst for a permanent position. As the Business Analyst, you will be ensuring that each team project is well defined, prioritized and that requirements and specifications are accessible to project team members. You will also be helping the business monitor and track the performance of features and products by helping to develop data and analytics reports and dashboards.
Here is what you will be doing on a day to day basis:
- Work closely with Product to create and maintain product requirements and functional specifications. This includes driving User Story generation across business and technology teams.
- Help to facilitate communications within the organization to ensure that product decisions and changes are published and broadcast to all stakeholders. This includes managing and documenting business process, design, and functional specifications for the implementation of business solutions.
- Work with Product, UI/Graphics, and Development to produce detailed functional and non-functional specifications that will enable the Development and UI teams to build the necessary components, and provide the QA team with the documentation required to facilitate the product testing.
- Facilitate requirements review meetings with the product stakeholders to ensure a common understanding of the requirement details, and to refine the requirements with the help of the stakeholders to reflect what will be included in a given release. This requires the ability to effectively partner, collaborate, and communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels.
- Work with support and service teams to troubleshoot site and data issues reported by users, and facilitate, document, and escalate according to priority.
- Help manage product event tracking data to ensure that product and feature usage data is structured, organized, and accessible to stakeholders and build out reporting capabilities for accurately tracking key metrics
- Use a variety of data analysis and organizational tools to support product solutions and decisions, as well as conduct data gathering and analysis to troubleshoot data related issues on the platform
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- You have 3+ years’ experience as a business analyst
- You can build dashboards and have intermediate level skills with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Google Data Studio, and PowerBI
- You are able to write SQL queries
- You have a solid understanding of Cloud implementations and general web development
- You have advanced understanding of modern software development methodologies and development tools
- You excel at gathering and analyzing requirements, as well as translating them into technical specifications
- You have excellent communication skills and are adept at building relationships
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.