We are seeking a mission-driven Principal Engineer to ensure our site continues to be a bit better, a bit faster, a bit leaner, a bit smarter and a bit more evolved every day. You will work with other talented individuals in a cross-functional squad creating new features and inspirational customer experiences. Your engineering is light and lean, and your decisions are guided by data, pivoting and course correcting to navigate a rapidly shifting ecommerce and retail landscape and move our client ahead of the competition.
As a Principal Engineer, you continuously raise the bar for yourself and your peers, elevating the state of engineering in the organization and every so often you make a quantum leap that redefines the game for an entire industry. You experiment with the very DNA that drives experimentation and innovation, take pride in knowing that winning is an everyday mindset, and you infect others with your positive attitude.
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- You possess a degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or another technical or scientific field, and you have solid computer science fundamentals
- You have 10+ years of experience as a software engineer with at least 2 years in a principal role, ideally in e-commerce or with other high traffic transactional web systems
- You are strong in both front end and back end technologies:
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases, object-relational mapping and Spring framework and/or Spring Boot
- Can work collaboratively with UI/UX
- Understand ES6/6+, HTML5 and CSS/SASS
- Have experience with Git and Webpack module bundler
- You understand and have applied software engineering practices for code reviews, testing methodologies, continuous integration and deployment, version control and branching strategies, documentation, object oriented design and programming, service oriented architecture, enterprise service bus and microservices, API design, REST and JSON, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, AB testing, estimation techniques, Lean principles and Minimal Viable Product (MVP), logging, monitoring, alerting and the full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- You have deep technical knowledge in one or more critical technologies used in the company’s infrastructure and systems.
- You can troubleshoot production issues and assume devops and first responder responsibilities
- You know how to partner effectively with other departments, including managing stakeholder expectations, and educating and pushing back when appropriate
- You can mentor and coach junior engineers, and engineers new to the company, and you respond effectively to feedback and coaching and can advise and collaborate with peers
- You have a firm understanding of data structures and algorithms and their application to building performant scalable systems
- You know how to produce clear, concise and useful documentation
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.