Are you a senior Java Developer who has strong computer science fundamentals and can hit the ground running? Do you have deep web experience and have you dealt with scalability and consumer-facing web sites?
Our client is an online retail company and a Vancouver success story. We love this company because of the caliber of people that they hire and the great culture that they have.
Our client has asked us to help them look for a strong Java Developer for a permanent position.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Be involved in all aspects of the Application Development Lifecycle.
- Provide assistance on technical design and architecture of business solutions, including client/server, service-oriented and web-driven architectures.
- Perform functional analysis and debugging.
- Collaborate with other team members to define, design, plan and launch new features.
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews, help enforce best practices, coding guidelines and code quality.
- Write and update documentation of requirements, design and source code.
- Accurately quantify and estimate application development timelines.
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolving production issues.
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- You possess a degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or another technical or scientific field, and you have solid computer science fundamentals
- You have 7+ years of experience as a software engineer, with at least 2 years in a senior role, ideally in e-commerce or with other high traffic transactional web systems
- You are strong in both front end and back end technologies:
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases, object-relational mapping and Spring framework and/or Spring Boot
- Can work collaboratively with UI/UX
- Understand ES6/6+, HTML5 and CSS/SASS
- Have experience with Git and Webpack module bundler
- You understand and have applied software engineering practices for code reviews, testing methodologies, continuous integration and deployment, version control and branching strategies, documentation, object oriented design and programming, service oriented architecture, enterprise service bus and microservices, API design, REST and JSON, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, AB testing, estimation techniques, Lean principles and Minimal Viable Product (MVP), logging, monitoring, alerting and the full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- You can troubleshoot production issues and assume devops and first responder responsibilities
- You know how to partner effectively with other departments, including managing stakeholder expectations, and educating and pushing back when appropriate
- You can mentor and coach junior engineers, and engineers new to the company, and you respond effectively to feedback and coaching
- You demonstrate a firm understanding of data structures and algorithms and their application to building performant scalable systems
- You know how to produce clear, concise and useful documentation
If you would like to explore this position further please apply now!
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.