Are you a Senior Java Developer who is driven, accountable, and loves to work on leading edge technology? Do you want to build pioneering products that are used by tens of thousands of users globally to solve real world business problems?
Our Client is the leader in their industry providing solutions for the global financial sector. We love this company because they have been recognized with numerous awards including Canada’s Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013, 2016), is rapidly growing, and is located in a beautiful office in Gastown.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Senior Java Developer for a permanent position to join a focused, agile product team to tackle interesting problems to do with scalability and high availability in big data environments. Challenge yourself with delivering products to some of the world’s largest and most influential firms.
Here's what you'll be doing on a daily basis:
- Work as part of an agile development team to write Java code for enterprise services
- Write unit and integration tests for your Java code
- Design, in collaboration with team, the software implementations that satisfy business requirements
- Design, in collaboration with the architecture team, the system architectures that satisfy business requirements
- Collaborate with QA in development of test cases for Java code
- Develop deployment systems for Java based systems
- Document code and document detail designs
- Collaborate with product owners on user story generation and refinement
- Monitor and support operation of production systems
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities with colleagues
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- Minimum 8 years of Java developer experience
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with test driven development
- Experience with continuous integration systems
- Experience with dependency injection containers
- Experience with network protocols such as HTTP, TLS, TCP
- Experience with service oriented architecture
- Experience with web services technology such as REST, JSON, or Thrift
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience with design patterns
If would be great if you had experience with:
- NoSQL DBs (Cassandra, MongoDB, HBase, Zookeeper)
- Serialization libraries (Thrift, Protocol Buffers)
- Large scale data processing (Hadoop, Kafka)
- Dependency injection frameworks (Guice, Spring)
- CQRS frameworks (Axon)
- Text search engines (Lucene, ElasticSearch)
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.