Are you a Strategic Product Manager who can take ownership of a major product line with a large enterprise SaaS company? Are you able to be work closely with clients to fully understand their needs and understand how to add value to their services?
Our client is the leader in their industry providing solutions for the global financial sector. We love this company because they have been recognized with numerous awards, is rapidly growing, and is located in a beautiful office in Gastown.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Strategic Product Manager for a full-time permanent position. This role provides an excellent opportunity to play a major role in shaping a key product for the business working alongside a team of talented professionals.
Here's what you’ll be doing on a daily basis:
- Provide business leadership and accountability for our client’s flagship product line.
- In collaboration with senior management, develop and own the product-line vision, strategy, and roadmap.
- Work closely with the Engineering Manager and Test Manager on leadership decisions and activities affecting your product-line.
- Communicate and promote the product-line vision, strategy, and roadmap to align engineering, sales, and other company departments.
- Collaborate with architects, engineering, UX, and your product team to break down large business needs into smaller iterations ensuring business value is recognized with each release.
- Work with your product team to ensure backlogs, roadmaps, and releases for their areas of the product-line are consistent with the overall vision.
- Define project objectives for the development team and communicate scope requirements using appropriate formats, including themes, initiatives, epics, user stories, workflows, use cases, narratives, etc.
- Support other company teams by serving as a functional product expert, being able to answer questions relating to personas, use cases, business logic, etc. relating to your product line.
- Work with other key stakeholders to develop appropriate product line SLOs, including the type, target level, and monitoring methods.
- Work with engineering leadership, program management, and HR on resourcing planning for your product-line.
- Provide guidance to your team to deal with blocking issues, escalations, resource conflicts, and set priorities.
- Work with your engineering team to help identify, prioritize, and proactively address technical debt in the product-line.
- Provide support for initiatives from other product-lines by accommodating cross product-line dependencies.
- Lead and manage direct reports through one-on-ones, reviews, coaching/training, and ensuring appropriate workloads.
- Work within agile development and SDLC processes to ensure successful launches and iterations.
- Support business facing teams by meeting with customers and prospects when requested.
Here’s the kind of person we are looking for:
- 10+ years in senior product management/leadership roles (senior, principal, director, etc.)
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills – able to communicate effectively with technical, business, and C-level executives.
- Must have experience leading multiple initiatives across multiple Agile teams (collocated and remote).
- Must have strong requirement management skills (elicitation, analysis, use case modeling, workflow, documentation, etc.).
- Must have experience working with enterprise applications and cloud services at scale.
- Must have experience managing teams as well as coaching/mentoring/training others.
- Must be a flexible and practical problem solver, able to work effectively in a growing organization.
- Experience within financial industry and/or developing FinTech services is considered an asset.
- Strong technical background is considered an asset.
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates