Are you a Lead Data Engineer who can take ownership and has strong business acumen? Do you want to work with a strong team and on online projects that are used extensively by our local community?
Our client is a technology startup company which has the financial backing of a well-established, well-connected parent company. We love this company because each team member can make a significant impact, and because they like to hire smart, engaged people.
Our client has asked us to search for a Lead Data Engineer for a permanent position. As the Lead Data Engineer, you will play a key role in enhancing and maintaining a data platform.
Here is what you will be doing on a day to day basis:
- Ownership of all aspects of developing end-to-end data flows
- Gather requirements
- Data Modeling
- ETL script development
- Data quality control
- Act as a key database platform technical resource, making key decisions on technology
- Assist with the development of architecture
- Create and execute data import and data export scripts and APIs as necessary
- Assess data accuracy
- Help ensure the ongoing data and operational integrity of the data platform
- Proficiency in a Python or Java programming language for data processing.
- Postgres (or SQL Server / Oracle) experience - admin, creating objects, modeling
- Strong database performance optimization skills
- Demonstrated data programming skills (using scripts or ETL products such as SSIS, Talend, Informatica, DataStage, Pentaho).
- Must have strong data modeling work experience - dimensional modeling / normalization of transactional data.
- Experience with AWS RedShift, Google BigQuery
- Experience with Amazon Web Services - RDS, EC2, S3, Lambda.
- Experience with dev-ops practices - CI/CD
- Git and GitHub work experience
- Experience with visualization tools - Tableau, PowerBI
- Experience with data analysis and data mining
- Bachelor of Computer Science or a similar technical degree
- 8+ years of data / ETL experience
- You are eager to ship often & iterate quickly
- Your have strong interpersonal skills and communication skills
- You have worked collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum team to plan sprints and releases
- Your past work has demonstrated creative thinking, effective problem solving and attention to detail
- You have the ability to explain your design rationale, articulate your development design process and explain the reasoning behind your decisions
- You have exceptional time management skills and ability to efficiently multitask in a fast-paced environment
- You have the ability to lead and coach the team
- You consistently maintain a positive attitude, have a willingness to learn, and ability to take both criticism and feedback.
- You delight in learning, as well as tackling new and disruptive technologies, and enjoy solving hard problems under tight deadlines
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.