Are you a Software Engineer - Back End who wants to work on apps that will be used by millions of people? Our client is a software company that is a leader in their field. We love this company because of the high caliber of their employees and the entrepreneurial and innovative spirit that they foster.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Software Engineer - Back End for a permanent position.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Design, develop, deliver, and maintain features and applications.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders – including Product Owners regarding user stories, acceptance criteria, the definition of done, and other program-related decisions.
- Develop solutions that are of high quality, scalable, cloud-based, reliable, and reusable
- Optimize our developer toolchain to support instant provisioning of new services and infrastructure, fully automate deployment, and minimize development friction.
- Design and operationalize data pipelines using advanced data architectures deployed on Amazon Web Services. A few examples of technologies we work with on a daily basis: AWS technologies, Microservices architecture, Docker containers, ElasticCache with Redis, Jenkins CI/CD, Java, NodeJS, Python, Rails
- Work collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum team to plan and execute at high velocity, and across teams throughout the organization to reuse existing components and architect shared functionality
- Investigate and prototype technologies that can be leveraged to introduce new innovations in meeting business and customer goals
- Participate in process improvement initiatives to improve the quality and timeliness of deliverables with high predictability
- Work in a product development process that is primarily Agile/Scrum
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Back-End development – you can understand and build flexible and scalable backend systems to meet the emerging needs of the business.
- The building complex, robust, and highly scalable production applications.
- Experience with Java, Node.js. PHP, Python, or Ruby on Rails is a bonus.
- Database systems, relational and/or NoSQL
- TDD and test automation.
- Delivering high value to customers quickly, frequently, with regular feedback and support
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.