Our client is an online retail company and a Vancouver success story. We love this company because of the caliber of people that they hire and the great culture that they have.
Our client has asked us to help them look for a strong Front end Developer for a permanent position.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Work closely with UX/UI designers and creative specialists on customer-facing ecommerce websites
- Work with backend developers to integrate web solutions using REST API
- Collaborate with QA team to resolve bugs and defects in timely fashion
- Write clean, structured, and efficient code, striving for the best webpage performance
- Contribute regularly to improving internal and system processes to ensure maximum efficiency across the company, including suggesting technical solutions to problems
- Follow consistent Agile processes set by the team and offer constructive suggestions to improve tools and processes
- Evaluate new web technologies by digging into the code to highlight and execute performance optimizations and more
- Provide client support to address issues quickly and efficiently
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in front-end technologies and best practices
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- You have 5 years of experience in web development
- You have comprehensive understanding of computer science fundamentals
- You bring strong skills in front end web technologies, including ES5/ES6+, HTML5, and CSS/SASS
- You have working knowledge of Bootstrap, Foundation, or another CSS framework
- You have experience with front end build tools, such as NodeJS, Webpack, Gulp, or Grunt
- You have experience with Git or other version control systems
- You have a Test-Driven Development (TDD) mindset with ability to write unit tests using modern frameworks
- You have an understanding of Agile methodologies
- You have a passion for UX/UI
- You are a self-starter with strong self-management skills
If you would like to explore this position further please apply now!
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.