Are you a senior Java Developer who has strong computer science fundamentals and can hit the ground running? Do you have experience with session management and knowledge of how code is executed on the server?
Our client is an online retail company and a Vancouver success story. We love this company because of the caliber of people that they hire and the great culture that they have.
Our client has asked us to help them look for a strong Java Developer for a 3-6 month contract position. The project involves managing the sessions and memory, and how the code is executed on the servers.
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject.
- 5+ years of experience with J2EE/Java and Spring Framework.
- Experience developing APIs (SOAP and/or REST).
- Object Oriented Design methodologies experience and Object Relational Mapping (Hibernate) skills are a must.
- Strong DB design and knowledge of MS SQL Server 2012 with experience on database performance tuning tools and techniques.
- Previous Apache Tomcat configuration/deployment experience.
- Experience with at least one version control system (Git is preferable)
- Experience with test-driven development.
- Ability to work well in team environment as well as individually.
- Experience in Agile/Scrum software development methodologies.
- Knowledge of servers and hardware
- Knowledge and experience in eCommerce Development and/or with Elasticpath framework and Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) would be an asset.
If you would like to explore this position further please apply now!
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.