Are you a strong Infrastructure Manager with expertise in Security? Do you want the opportunity to lead and drive infrastructure and security initiatives? Do you want to work in an environment that is collaborative and where continuous improvement and development is encouraged?
Our client has asked for our help to look for a Manager, Infrastructure & Security for a permanent position. This is a hands on role with leadership of a small team. We love this company because of their community-focused culture and because this is a BC-based company.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:Infrastructure and Security
- Accountable for maintaining the technical infrastructure and data centres to ensure day-to-day stability
- Lead the design, implementation, maintenance, support and upgrade of technical & security infrastructure to meet and anticipate the evolving needs of the business
- Assist in the development of appropriate criteria needed to assess the level of new/existing applications and/or technology infrastructure elements for compliance with enterprise security standards.
- Manage all security systems and their corresponding or associated software including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus and auditing software.
- Work within approved standards for all data center equipment which includes switches, server hardware, network, virtualization, redundancy, disaster recovery and backup strategy.
- Participate in architecture reviews and responsible for the overall hardware, network & security design ? Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for spending and initiatives for IT Infrastructure.
- Develop and execute short and long-term strategic plans (6 to 36 months) to ensure that the technical infrastructure and security is being developed to meet current and upcoming business objectives, methodologies and standards
- Recommend and implement approved technologies, policies and procedures, standards and guidelines to identify and mitigate internal, external & ad hoc security threats Security Awareness & Reporting
- Oversee programs for user awareness, compliance monitoring, and regulatory compliance
- Participate in computer security incident response planning and execution, disaster recovery and business resumption activities
- Maintain service level agreement terms with business units and issue regular reports to IT management on performance metrics.
- Manage external vendor relationships including negotiating and administering vendor, consultant contracts and service agreements
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for infrastructure administration and project management, including budgeting
- Manage and mentor a team of technical resources
- Plan resource allocations to meet overall commitments
- Lead and complete infrastructure initiatives, delivering solutions on-time and on-schedule
- Work with Stakeholders to define business requirements for new technology implementations.
- Monitor progress of technical initiatives against work plans, identify and resolve issues and risks and report on status to senior IT leadership team and stakeholders
- Provide thought leadership and technical direction and actively contribute to business cases, high level project requirements and plans to deliver services
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- You have 7+ years of IT infrastructure experience on an enterprise scale with 5+ years of team lead or people management experience
- You have worked on security projects in the past and understand cyber security risks
- You have certifications such as CISSP or CISM or are willing to attain those certifications after joining the company
- You have experience with core Microsoft, SAN, datacentre and networking technologies
- You have experience with virtualization tools such as Citrix, Hyper-V or VmWare
- You have thorough understanding of ITIL and the Change Management Processes
- You have excellent verbal communication and documentation skills, including creating complex Visio diagrams
- Project Management experience with an understanding in PMO methodology is an asset
- You understand human resource management principles and practices
- You can work in a diversified, team-oriented and collaborative environment
- You can lead and deliver via virtual teams
- You have excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- You are able to build and maintain relationships across all levels and functional areas
- You have a hands-on, flexible and adaptable approach to meet business demands
If you would like to explore this position further, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.