Are you a Systems Developer who is smart, well-rounded, and has a passion for Finance? Do you come from a Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering background and do you want to work with other talented people?
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Systems Developer, Quantitative Equity for a permanent position. With about 450 people employed throughout their offices in Canada as well as in New York and London, our Client is a leader in their industry.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
Developers play an essential role through innovative technologies: machine learning, cloud computing, optimization engines, non-traditional high performance databases, custom applications and data visualization. You own the entire software life cycle:
- Collaborate with portfolio managers, analysts and researchers to analyze interesting financial problems.
- Design, plan and implement solutions in an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Keep investment systems running smoothly through enhancements and support.
- Programming Knowledge – you have an undergraduate, graduate, or post-graduate degree in a computer-related field OR exceptional programming skills gained through your work experience.
- Deeply Analytical – you possess an analytical mind and enjoy mental challenges. An ability to perform deep thoughtful analysis is required for this role.
- Passion for Technology – we work with several programming languages (Kdb+/Q, Python, R, Java, C#, Angular/Typescript) and upfront knowledge is not required. If you are passionate about technology, learning new languages and concepts is natural and fun.
- Collaborative Communication – you have a collaborative spirit that helps you to work well with others and you communicate effectively.
- Interest in Investment Management – this is key. Your interest will help you learn about our complex domain
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.