Are you a Senior Product Designer who wants to work in an environment that is flexible and results-driven? Our client is an energetic software company that is a leader in their field and on the cusp of huge growth. We love this company because of the flexible culture they foster, because employees are encouraged to contribute with progressive ideas, and because employees can work remotely from anywhere in North America.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and ensure superlative design quality.
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering leadership to define your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area.
- Design flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity UI for your features.
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation and customer experience. You will often pair with engineers to create prototypes and iterate on a daily, if not hourly, basis.
- Solicit feedback from your peers, including other product designers and teammates in your product team.
- Balance short-term product design needs with a vision into the future, and are always thinking about how we can improve the product over the long term
- Work in close collaboration with Design leadership to inform and improve design processes.
- Help promote an inspiring and inclusive environment for the team.
- Lead by example - do great work and help people on the team learn how you do it.
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction and visual design, and ideation.
- Experience in working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Experience partnering with product managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience designing UI/UX for web-based operational/productivity tools
- Retail experience is an asset, but not required
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Slack, Gmail or Basecamp
- Ability to effectively communicate to, present to, influence or befriend all levels within an organization.
- Outstanding listening and writing skills, and a keen ability to translate complex concepts into simple, persuasive language.
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills to build relationships across the company with both ours as well as our customers.
- Self-motivated, dependable, and dedicated
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.