Are you a Product Manager who wants to work in an environment that is flexible and results-driven? Our client is an energetic software company that is a leader in their field and on the cusp of huge growth. We love this company because of the flexible culture they foster, because employees are encouraged to contribute with progressive ideas, and because employees can work remotely from anywhere in North America.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Connecting and communicating regularly with customers and coworkers to research and explore real retail problems, build strong relationships, and amplify voices as we work towards building the most effective and user-friendly product.
- Learning and analyzing data to make informed decisions and to monitor the success of new features, functionality, and general user experience. Continue to gain market knowledge by reading reports, blogs, or our competitor’s product literature.
- Deciding and documenting is core to how we communicate asynchronously and operate cross-functionally. From writing pitches that define what, when, and why to key decisions or discussions around priority or changes to customer-facing roadmaps, taking a “written first” approach will help bring stakeholders together.
- Shaping and building ideas are our love language for product discovery and delivery. Methods like breadboarding or fat marker sketches enable collaboration with design and engineering to ensure product direction and functionality are clearly communicated and ideas are brought to life!
- Product operations guide how we work and ensure that we build sustainable and scalable processes to help manage product innovation across the company.
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- You have 8+ years of SaaS or enterprise software development experience, with preferably 4-5 years in a retail-related space.
- Strong understanding of how problem-solving and decision making happens in human organizations with a demonstrated ability to translate behaviors and needs into ideas or requirements.
- Working knowledge of the complexities of managing the operations of a retail store.
- You can take a product strategy and run with it, everything from partnering closely on shaping through to delivery and advocacy.
- You have prior experience as a Product Manager in an earlier stage company. You need to have familiarity with the style, pace, and uncertainty of a company at our stage of growth.
- You are comfortable establishing and managing relationships across Marketing, Sales, Engineering, Customer Success, and our Customers/Brand Partners.
- You have a proven track record of successfully owning and evolving a group of products to meet customer’s needs.
- You are a product thinker, who loves to solve real problems and likes to get into the thick of it to be able to make decisions on their own.
- You are focused on building products, validating use cases, and measuring success.
- You can take a raw idea and know-how to move it through to launch. Bias toward action.
- You excel at stakeholder engagement, team building, advocacy, education, and partnership to get things done.
- You build trust with customers and your coworkers by understanding their needs, goals, and what makes them successful.
- Having a background either working in retail or building software for retailers has been an important key to our product’s success. It’s not required but if you do have retail experience it will bring a ton of value to our customers and business.
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Basecamp, Microsoft Office, Google Apps, Slack, etc
- Ability to effectively communicate to, present to, influence or befriend all levels within an organization. Great at asynchronous communication.
- Outstanding listening and writing skills, and a keen ability to translate complex concepts into simple, persuasive language.
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills to build relationships across the company with both ours as well as our customers.
- Self-motivated, dependable, and dedicated
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.