Are you a Director of Engineering ready to lead the engineering department?
Our client is an online retail company and a Vancouver success story. We love this company because of the caliber of people that they hire and the great culture that they have.
Our client has asked us to help them look for a Director of Engineering for a permanent role.
Reporting to the VP of Engineering, you will lead the engineering organization that defines, implements and operates companies’ e-commerce, retail and fulfillment technologies on a secure and reliable infrastructure, as you champion the evolution of organization, processes and technology. You will mentor and coach staff in your organization, providing for career growth and managing for exceptional performance individually and collectively.
Working collaboratively with the Project Management Office on project prioritization, you will coach talent managers and cross-functional engineering squads on efficient delivery using Agile methodologies. You will develop resource plans that ensure the organization’s shape, size and composition enables delivery on quarterly statements of work and the long-term roadmap, and continuous operation of a secure and reliable infrastructure guaranteeing business continuity.
From resource planning, you will develop a recruiting plan and collaborate with internal recruiting to attract top talent to fill open positions expeditiously.
As Engineering Director, you will ensure that the execution capabilities of your organization are well understood by all departments, and you will manage expectations on capacity, project delivery and schedules. You will assist other departments in adopting new features and technologies and managing change.
Who you are:
- You are motivated to have an impact on the quality of life for millions of people
- You bring 10 years of experience in software engineering for high volume transactional web sites, preferably e-commerce
- You have 5 years of experience leading and coaching engineering managers and software engineers at a director level, and you excel at career and performance management including effectively addressing performance problems
- You demonstrate applied knowledge of project governance and Agile methodologies, particularly Scrum and Kanban
- You have an Undergraduate degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or information systems
- You can ensure regulatory and corporate compliance
- You know how to promote the adoption of best practices from industry and continuous improvement in all aspects of the organization
- You have experience with microservice architectures cloud hosting, particularly AWS
- You have experience working in e-commerce or other high traffic web applications
- You demonstrate excellent negotiation and communication skills
- You know how to effectively use data to make decisions
If you would like to explore this position further please apply now!
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.