Are you a Principal Software Engineer who wants to work on apps that will be used by millions of people? Our client is a software company that is a leader in their field. We love this company because of the high caliber of their employees and the entrepreneurial and innovative spirit that they foster.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Principal Software Engineer for a permanent position.The charter for this team is crucial to our overall business strategy, in building the platforms to identify and consolidate our knowledge of the consumer, unlocking insights that will enable the creation of a rich and personalized experience.
The PSE is a key technical leader and contributor though all stages of the software development lifecycle. You will be able to make an impact, leveraging your leadership and collaboration abilities to execute on various organizational initiatives, designing and delivering industry-leading solutions.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Own system level architecture and software design for features and services spanning multiple engineering teams. Help define system components, entities and service interfaces, with consideration for scalability, complexity, availability, security, performance, cost, and other criteria.
- Help make the right technology choices for implementing solutions. Conduct alternative analysis for technology selection or build vs buy decisions and present to stakeholders.
- Build high quality and highly scalable services leveraging advanced machine learning and predictive analytic models.
- Design and operationalize data pipelines using advanced data architectures deployed on Amazon Web Services.
- Work with product managers and tech leaders early on to shape product definition so that it can be built in a flexible, extensible, and robust way. Work collaboratively across engineering teams to plan and execute at high velocity.
- Define and drive adoption of design patterns, coding and quality standards and software development processes.
- Help improve software quality and data quality by coming up with better ways of measuring and testing.
- Collaborate with technical leads and architects to define a technical roadmap and long-term architecture vision. Drive and support innovation by acting as a sounding board for ideas and help bring them to life. Actively engage in tracking and reducing technical debt.
- Share ideas, insights, and technology trends to the broader technical audience within the company. Provide coaching and mentoring to technical staff.
- Play a key role in hiring, retention, and growth of talent: attract, evaluate, coach and mentor senior engineers.
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- 8+ years of experience in full-stack software architecture, design, and development.
- Experience with designing and developing complex, robust, and highly scalable production services and applications using modern frameworks, tools, and systems.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, connecting directly and effectively with cross-functional stakeholders at various levels.
- Ability to decompose complex business problems and communicate solutions succinctly
- Experience with cloud-based architectures, development, and deployment
- A data-driven approach with a strong results and outcome-oriented focus, understanding the value derived from rapidly shipping code and learning/iterating on the results
- Strong empathy for customers and a passion for exceeding their expectations, always!
- A passion for learning, continuous improvement, sharing, and working in a team environment
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science / Engineering or related field, or equivalent professional experience
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.