Are you a C++ Developer with a strong background using modern C++? Do you have an interest in the financial industry with a desire to work on algorithmic trading research?
Our client is a large US based trading firm that has recently opened an office in Metro Vancouver that will run its own independent trading desk. This role will work closely with researchers and traders to build trading strategies from scratch in a collaborative environment.
Our client has asked up to help them look for a C++ Developer for a full-time permanent role.
Here is what you will be doing on a daily basis:
- Collaboratively designing, building and maintaining a low latency trading system
- Creating scalable and performant software using software engineering best practices
- Work closely with Researchers and Traders to develop high performance algorithmic trading strategies from inception to production
- Implementing strategies of the quant research and trading teams
- Driving projects and leading new initiatives
Here is the kind of person we are looking for:
- Bachelors or advanced degree in a technical field – Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics
- Understanding of software development principles (OO design, TDD, etc)
- Have a background in multi-threaded programming and a strong understanding of hardware/software interaction
- Strong programming skills using modern C++11/14 and some proficiency in Python
- Financial experience is a plus but not a requirement
If you would like to explore this position further please apply now!
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.