Are you a Systems Analyst who places a high value on maintaining an entrepreneurial spirit and delivering high quality, innovative solutions which contribute to the success of the business?
Do you have a passion for providing good customer service and want to work for a company that values its employees? With about 450 people employed throughout their offices in Canada as well as in New York and London, our Client is a leader in their industry. We love this company because of they treat their employees well and have a high caliber of talent
We are looking for a versatile Systems Analyst to join our client's Toronto-based Private Market and Accounting Systems team. This team provides an exciting and challenging opportunity to work collaboratively with the company’s diverse group of private market investment affiliates spanning several alternative asset classes including commercial real estate, infrastructure, private equity and private loans. You’ll also be working closely with multiple investment and corporate accounting teams. You’ll be joining a high growth environment and using technology to help support a wide range of business processes.
You will be responsible for maintaining and supporting all the business applications in the Private Market and Accounting Systems portfolio. In this role, you will be involved in supporting varied system processes related to asset & portfolio management and investment & corporate accounting.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Providing end user support
- Triaging support requests from the business and operational teams
- Analyzing issues, determining the most efficient solutions and ensuring issues are resolved in a pragmatic and appropriate manner. This may include enhancements that will require basic project management techniques
- Maintaining application issue logs to capture any system issues, bugs or enhancement requests
- Assisting with both routine and complex system changes including user account management, onboarding assets, configuration changes and system upgrades
- Creating and maintaining technical specifications and procedural documentation
- Assisting with monitoring system integrity and data processes to ensure a high standard of data quality and service availability
- Working with third party vendors to support systems and to plan and develop enhancements
- Reviewing current support processes and recommending improvements
- Assisting with software vendor assessments and implementation projects
- Carrying out data migration of both financial and non-financial data from a variety of sources
- Carrying out systems testing
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- You have a minimum of 2-3 years’ related experience. Experience working in an institutional investment firm and exposure to alternative or private investments is an asset.
- Knowledge: You have an undergraduate degree in a STEM or business related field. Accounting knowledge is highly desirable. Knowledge of real estate, infrastructure or other private investment industries is preferred.
- Tech Savvy: You have a strong background in supporting COTS systems (including cloud-based systems). Exposure to real estate systems (e.g. Yardi, Argus, VTS) is highly desirable. Advanced knowledge of MS Excel. Familiarity with SQL scripting and report writing an asset.
- Problem Solving Skills: You possess an analytical mind and enjoy solving problems.
- Operational Excellence: You have an approach and track record in achieving operational excellence where personal drive, high quality work, attention to detail and getting things done are critical success factors.
- Collaborative Communication: You have a proven ability to communicate well with internal stakeholders across multiple business lines. You manage expectations, are professional and positive.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.