Are you a Senior DevOps Engineer, who is passionate about technology and enjoys working in a team environment? Are you easy to work with and accountable? Our client is a fast-paced and energetic software company that is a leader in their field and loves innovative ideas. We love this company because the employees can influence the success of the company and are able to work with like-minded, smart people
Reporting to the Release Manager, the Senior DevOps Engineer will partner with the Delivery and Operations team to lead DevOps automation and best practices. This person will provide technical leadership on DevOps capabilities and be passionate about solving problems.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will work across many systems and handle multiple tasks simultaneously. You can address problems with a collaborative approach, and you have a strong attention to detail, focused on uptime and predictability. You get excited about building automation to reduce manual tasks.
This role is critical to ensuring the stability of their systems and will involve some on-call support responsibilities.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Work closely with the Product Development teams, being the source of expertise on operational features, metrics, pipelines, understanding alerts, monitoring and notifications, etc.
- Provide help with supporting existing solutions (from operational perspective), modernization efforts
- Deploy and maintain applications in a cloud-native, micro-services architecture
- Support the application CI/CD pipeline for promoting software into higher environments through validation and operational gating
- Develop and maintain deployment processes, testing and reporting mechanisms that help identify areas of improvement
- In collaboration with the Infrastructure, Security and Architecture Teams, collaboratively define, implement and automate tools and methodologies to support the Development Teams in areas such as security scanning, code quality analysis, metrics reporting, monitoring, alerting, and more, as part of the CI/CD workflows
- Be ready to be the first line of support; monitor support channels, troubleshoot and correct issues
- Troubleshoot and solve problems related to production services and provide solutions to proactively prevent problems from happening
- Analyze production activities of the platform, and provide a feedback loop to Product Development teams on operational gaps or resiliency concerns
- Participate in a regular on-call rotation to support the products
- Train and mentor teams to raise the bar and increase DevOps maturity
- Actively engage and provide feedback on opportunities for continuous improvement of the whole lifecycle of a service - from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement
- Document work, problems and communicate with the teams using internal systems, Jira, Confluence and MS Teams
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- 8+ years of relevant experience; including leading successful DevOps programs in small-to-midsize IT companies and/or as a developer/platform engineer
- Experienced with and can manage automated deployment, continuous integration, release engineering tools and application performance management tools
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure and its capabilities including App Gateways, App Services, Service Fabric, Azure Blob and Azure permissions
- Experience with Kubernetes/Docker container hosting and orchestration services
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages
- Excellent communication skills with team members of different backgrounds, skillsets, and goals
- Flexible and resilient, comfortable and adaptable to a high-change environment and open to new concepts and/or processes
- Genuine passion and curiosity towards tech through experiment, evaluation, and continuously learning and eager to share new found knowledge and mentor others
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Understanding of concepts such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Agile and DevOps
A full security background check will be required for this position.
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.