Are you a Senior Postgres Database Administrator who can champion our client’s large production Postgres database systems? Are you an expert in architecture, tuning and optimizing to create the highest level of database and application performance? Our client is the leader in their industry providing solutions for the global financial sector. We love this company because they have been recognized with numerous awards, is rapidly growing, and is located in a beautiful office in Gastown.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Senior Postgres Database Administrator for a full-time permanent position. This role provides an excellent opportunity to help solve tough problems and create great experiences that have a significant impact on our client’s customers.
Here’s what you’ll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Perform routine archiving, security, and auditing related tasks, according to applicable policies and procedures
- Support client database functions, including data extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) services
- Monitor, support, and maintain all internal and external databases
- Provide management reports, customer reports, and data extracts
- Conduct research and analysis to contribute to the on-going improvement of database performance, functionality, and availability
- Assist in the planning and execution of database related maintenance and upgrades
- Assist with space management initiatives and database migration projects
- Ensure that all issues in staging and production environments are addressed quickly
- Contribute and provide support for the development and build of database systems of high availability and quality based on business and product requirements
- Make recommendations on existing and future storage and system infrastructure
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and assistance to end-users
- Assist with the enforcement of documented database policies, procedures and standards
- Monitor database capacity and efficiency
Here’s the kind of person we’re looking for:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with PostgreSQL database administration
- Experience in database architecture modeling, design, and implementation
- Knowledge of database performance tuning and query optimization
- Ability to work with agile teams to support dynamic and high-availability environments
- Strong knowledge of database backups/restores, clustering, mirroring, and replication
- Experience in documentation and presentation of technical tasks and implementation plans
- Previous experience working in an environment with formally structured IT Operational processes including work request ticket management, incident management, change management, problem management
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships, working effectively in a team environment and independently as needed
- Ability to adapt to change and work well under pressure, while multi-tasking and managing numerous projects
- Ability to take on internal operational initiatives as a prime or lead
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with strong organizational, problem solving, and documentation skills
- Database certification and service management certifications such as ITIL are considered an asset
- Experience running and supporting a global 24x7 internet based service or product is considered an asset
- Solid understanding of networking/firewall concepts and their role within an application development environment is considered an asset
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates