Are you a Senior Database Engineer who can help set the direction of our clients database technologies for the future? Are you interested in taking part in the architecture to allow our clients to scale their number of users by 100x over the next few years? Our client is the leader in their industry providing solutions for the global financial sector. We love this company because they have been recognized with numerous awards, is rapidly growing, and is located in a beautiful office in Gastown.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Senior Database Engineer for a full-time permanent position. This role provides an excellent opportunity to help solve tough problems and create great experiences that have a significant impact on our client’s customers.
Here’s what you’ll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Work with architects, team leads, and Product Management to evolve the Service Manager product into a horizontally scalable, micro-service-based system
- Work with DBAs to support and monitor the existing SQL Server database
- Write, tune, and review SQL queries and stored procedures
- Work with team leads and architects to design database schemas for new features
- Proactively determine storage, memory, and CPU requirements. Regularly review forecast reports and ensure that the SQL Server database has the hardware capacity to handle continuing growth
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert and consultant for all database questions in the Service Manager group
- Research and make recommendations on reliable, scalable database technologies for new micro-services deployed in a containerized environment
- Stay current with the latest database technologies and trends
- Mentor and guide the DBAs on the team
- Work in an agile environment as part of the Infrastructure team
Here’s the kind of person we’re looking for:
- 10 years overall experience with SQL Server (MySQL and PostgreSQL may be considered as well)
- 5 years designing and architecting database.
- Experience writing complex stored procedures and queries, and tuning them for high performance
- Experience with horizontally scalable systems
- Experience with large systems that support 2 million to 200 million users
- Experience with NoSQL databases is an asset
- Experience with micro-services is an asset
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates