Are you a Software Engineering Leader who values team, people and an environment of open and empathetic communication? Do you want to work for a high growth company that is disrupting their industry?
As the Software Engineering Manager, you will support, coach, and empower friendly, motivated, and intelligent people. If you’ve got an aptitude for, strong interest in, or especially experience with leadership in a software development organization and you’ve delivered and maintained dependable software in production in the past, we'd love to talk to you!
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Regular One-on-Ones with each member of your team
- Manage projects and their priority using GitLab, Trello, Google Docs, and other tools
- Coach, mentor, and teach, growing the skills and capabilities of all members of your team. This ranges from professional skills development planning and support to helping with day-to-day issues
- Facilitate conversations between team members and with people outside of your team and Engineering
- Participate in project design and definition discussions with your team and Product Management
- Communicate with other parts of the company about Engineering initiatives and goals. Sometimes this might mean coordinating demos, Slack threads, or meetings. Engineering should not be a black box and our leaders should guide by example and build relationships throughout the company
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- You have previous leadership, coaching and mentoring experience or the desire to be in a leadership position
- Team, people, and nurturing learning are very important to you
- You are an open and empathetic communicator
- Quality, raising the bar, and creating something that customers will love is extremely important to you
- You have experience working in a CI/CD environment and coaching your teams through multiple releases per day
- You are always looking for more opportunities to automate and identify other paths to take
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.