Are you Project Manager with a strong Business Systems Analyst background? Our client is looking for a Manager, Business Solutions to drive end to end solutions, write business cases and implement cost effective solutions. This role will be working on missional critical systems and will play a major role in technology transformation within the organization.
Our Client is looking for a Manager, Business Solutions for a full-time permanent role working as part of a collaborative and friendly environment. This role will have a small team reporting to them and will drive the development of business solutions across multiple programs within the organization.
Here’s what you’ll be doing on a daily basis:
- Manage the day-to-day operations and effectiveness of current “in-place” business applications
- Collaborate with all of our clients partners to find alternatives and solutions to business challenges. Seek out systems solutions (either internal to client or external 3rd party solutions) that can be leveraged to meet business requirements.
- Engage the business stakeholders (staff, management, licensees) early and effectively building solid relationships and pushing IT value upstream as key business direction is being set.
- Identify, understand, negotiate and document business requirements with various groups.
- Facilitate the IT solutions planning and estimating phases.
- Manage the delivery of business cases, project scope and requirements documents, test plans, and rollout communications.
- Act as primary liaison with business functions and solution teams during the development lifecycle, from needs analysis and bug tracking to UAT and rollout.
- Develop and manage direct relationships with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to ensure the business solutions are aligned with their goals and priorities, and how process automation through IT solutions will help them reach their goals.
- Balance requirements with technical constraints to ensure that the value of systems is realized.
- Clearly understand, articulate and document existing “as-is” systems & business architecture and define strategy for “to-be” architecture.
- Exercise independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, architectures and standards for obtaining solutions.
- Create and maintain a cohesive, coordinated plan to deliver solutions that meet the organization’s priorities within budgetary and product requirements.
- Manage the web/programmer staff priorities in meeting the needs of the various stakeholders.
- Budget management – Define and gain agreement on project budgets, ensure projects track to the budget.
- Provide in-depth business & technical strategy for systems solutions, identify business gaps and correlate to potential solutions.
- Drive the prioritization process by which decisions are made around the final project scope.
- Execute on project plans and assist others in executing on project plans across the various groups.
- Makes scope/schedule/resources (including budget) trade-off decisions with little or no guidance.
- Ensure line of business priorities and IT capabilities (technology and resources) are aligned.
- Analyze and document requirements and use appropriate techniques to refine, review and validate requirements.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of how the overall business solution is positioned, deployed and supported globally.
Here’s the kind of person we’re looking for:
- Bachelors and/or Diploma in MIS/Technology/Computer Science (or Business Administration)
- Project Management certification is an asset
- 7+ years of Information Technology experience, with some direct experience managing IT operations
- 5 + years in business solution management and project management
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.