Are you Senior Salesforce System Administrator? Are you passionate about technology and do you love contributing ideas and working on projects that have an impact on the people around you? Our client is a company that provides services to the residents of BC. We love this company because they have great work life balance and you get to see the results of your work.
The Senior Salesforce System Administrator (SA) is responsible for the operation, maintenance, and improvement of the Salesforce platform. The Senior Salesforce SA has a holistic understanding of the Salesforce system, providing insight to the business users so that initiatives can be accomplished. The Senior Salesforce SA is responsible for understanding and implementing business objectives.
The Senior Salesforce SA is expected to proactively identify areas of opportunity that positively impact Operations in the form of new processes/tools/systems, with the goal to assist the company achieve its strategic objectives.
The Senior Salesforce SA will mentor more junior team members and will work on most complex projects and tasks.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
Regular System Updates:
- Responsible for coordinating and/or performing system testing for regular system updates.
- Maintain knowledge of new updates/improvements coming in releases, and relay that information to the business in order to maximize our use of Salesforce.
- Business Requirements Analysis/Business Process Design:
- Interviews stakeholders and gathers and compiles user requirements.
- Effectively communicates rationale behind business objectives and decisions to enhance engagement and empowerment of stakeholders. Works collaboratively with stakeholders to build consensus.
- Understands how business strategy drives requirements and investigates strategic opportunities that information technology may afford the business areas.
- Reviews and analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of Salesforce, and develops strategies for improving or further leveraging this system.
- Interprets a variety of disparate business needs and translates these into an effective recommended solution plus a number of alternative solutions.
- Develops solutions with clear and comprehensive business requirements that can be used effectively for systems development, configuration, or integration.
- Documents the requirements and analysis of the above as per current IS standards.
- Coordinates and leads configuration and integration updates.
- For maintenance, this includes reviewing enhancement or correctional items for duplication, ability to be corrected, estimates of resource impact and timing, and impact of the problem.
- Act as a subject matter expert to other IT people, answering questions regarding rules of the system.
- Generates and compiles reports based on his or her process findings, complete with recommended improvements to – or new requirements for – business processes and operational procedures as well as probable causes and possible solutions to systems issues.
- Communicates requirements with developers or other IS team members.
- Ensures change control processes are followed for system configuration and updates.
- Project Coordination/Team Leadership:
- Liaises with assigned business areas, to prioritize system work requests by focusing on value derived from work and alignment with corporate objectives.
- Manages and tracks the status of objectives to ensure timing deadlines and divisional needs are met.
- Monitors the daily progress of assigned tasks and prepares documentation for regular meetings.
- Coordinates and monitors the work of other team members assigned to objectives.
- Ability to add value to all levels of discussion with key business stakeholders from idea inception through to execution.
- Works closely with external vendors to ensure company’s system related needs are met, and that changes are delivered and tested on time.
- Carries out other related tasks and projects as assigned.
- Is available for on-call support and system release support.
- Degree or Diploma in the field of Computer Science or Management Information Systems
- Minimum of 7 years experience in Platform administration or a related field, of which at least 2 years spent using Salesforce
- Experience working with Salesforce CRM and other Salesforce platform apps
- Flexibility to meet continuously changing priorities and challenges
- Strong innovation skills with a proven track record of driving innovation that contributes to the successful execution of the company’s corporate objectives
- Strong MS Office/O365 skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive when dealing with issues and challenges
- Strong organizational, planning and project management skills
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, and methodology development
- Ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Logical and efficient with keen attention to detail
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Comfortable facilitating meetings and consensus building
- Ability to work both independently and with other team members
- Familiar with formal software testing approaches & methodology
- Experience with the Agile or Kanban approaches to software development
- Experience in leading a team and mentoring more junior team members
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.