Are you an Infrastructure Analyst who knows how to work well within a team, with multiple outside vendors and internal expertise to ensure these services are installed and meet the company’s technology requirements?
Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager, this permanent position is responsible for the provisioning and support of infrastructure services as well as the configuration of enterprise network equipment (routers, switches, wireless access points, etc..) and to provide connectivity for all the company’s network clients. The position will also be responsible for documenting any changes and communicating those to the group. Performing this work outside normal working hours may be requested occasionally to ensure client downtime is minimal.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Serve as technical specialist for infrastructure systems issues and emergencies.
- Analyze and resolve technical problems for established infrastructure systems.
- Implement and test hardware and software upgrades.
- Install, configure and maintain infrastructure systems components.
- Consult with customers to evaluate requirements and recommend designs
- Provide network documentation, training, and guidance to computing system clients and programmers
- Conduct technical research on infrastructure upgrades and components to determine feasibility and compatibility with current system.
- Analyze solutions for short, medium, and long-range projects.
- Determine plan layout for new hardware or modifications to existing layout.
- Work as a team member with other technical staff to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems.
- Work with vendor’s support teams to resolve complex network/systems problems.
- Document network/systems problems and resolutions for future reference.
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- Experience with network security, wireless infrastructure, WAN optimization, network monitoring tools, VPN, Microsoft 365, Azure, AWS, SDWAN, Nimble Storage, VEEAM and VMWare.
- At least 4 years of university degree in Computing Science, or equivalent 2 years diploma in IT with combined experience
- Minimum 5 years of work-related experience in a large complex enterprise IT environment.
- Demonstrated Expert level knowledge of Network Security and Networking technologies.
- Experience with SDWAN, Checkpoint and Firewall management.
- Experience with VMware, Citrix and Riverbed virtual network environments.
- Industry certifications with Cisco Networking (e.g., CCNA/CCNP/CCIE certification) is an asset.
- ITIL certification an asset
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.