Are you a Technical Product Owner, Data who is driven, wants to be a leader and passionate about data? Do you want to work for a company that is in high growth mode? Our client is a technology start up company which has the financial backing of a well-established, well-connected parent company. We love this company because each team member can make a significant impact, and because they like to hire smart, engaged people.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Technical Product Owner, Data for a permanent position to help our client transform its data platform to support their large growth plans.
This Technical Product Owner would lead (and help grow) the small team that maintains the existing platform. The team routinely responds to upstream changes from some of our feed providers, optimizes performance to respond to increased demand, and troubleshooting integrity issues.
As lead on this team, this individual would own all aspects of developing end-to-end data flows including: gathering requirements, data modeling, ETL script development, and data quality control.
The TPO also acts as a key database platform technical resource, assisting with the development of the architecture, and helping to ensure the ongoing data and operational integrity of the data platform.
Conversant with data-driven reporting and data visualization techniques and strategies, the TPO also works with product managers to create new and innovative uses for the datasets that can be used to: a) create new data products for further monetization, b) create visualizations and views of data to provide editorial content for information platforms, and c) develop reports or data visualization tools for internal use to help support the organization's sales and marketing efforts.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Own roadmap for evolution of company’s Data Platform, considering current and future needs and demands.
- Advise on build vs buy technology decisions
- Coach and help in build Data team
- Assist in maintenance and development work as needed to support the team
- Assist in an provide direction on debugging and optimizing ETL flows
- Data processing, data modeling and expanding Data Platform service.
- Collaborate with product development teams to provide Data Platform service to power new features
- Develop reports or data visualization tools for internal use to help support sales and marketing efforts
- Assist in an provide direction on creation of visualizations and views of data to provide editorial content for information platforms
- Participate in project planning and analysis as needed
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience with data analysis and big data tech stacks.
- Bachelor of Computer Science, a similar technical degree, or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in Python or a similar language for data processing with exposure to other scripting and object-oriented programming languages
- Strong experience in database development and data modeling
- Proven experience in one of the major cloud platforms
- Strong understanding of data analysis concepts such as data visualization, dashboard design, data mining
- Demonstrated experience coaching junior team mates
- Demonstrated experience managing a development roadmap
- Demonstrated understanding of observability, monitoring, and SLOs
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.