We have a Cloud & Systems Administrator opportunity at a BC government organization that regulates the province's financial services sector. This is an exciting opportunity that will be part of an integration of three crown agencies.
The Cloud & Systems Administrator is primarily responsible for administering Microsoft Azure solutions as well as onsite Microsoft server infrastructure. The Cloud & Systems Administrator will also assist the technology team with ongoing IT projects that may arise and will be expected to provide tier 3 support to stakeholders.
What you will be doing:
- Install, enhance, maintain, monitor, and manage cloud and on-premises technical infrastructure, network, and application environments.
- Enhance, maintain, monitor, and test disaster recovery solutions and recovery plans.
- Ensure that the technical infrastructure is secure, available, stable, efficient, and scalable in accordance with established service levels.
- Contributes to the monitoring and maintenance of digital security solutions.
- Provide tier 3 technical problem support resolution. Triaging issues, resolve directly, or coordinate a resolution with other members of the technology team or broader external support providers.
- Explain systems relationships to technical staff, leads projects, and meets with vendors to outline specifications and technical requirements.
- Work with third parties to resolve Tier-3 Cloud, LAN and Wide Area Network (WAN) incidents.
- Contributes to the definition, implementation and enforcement of technical architecture policy, procedures and standards.
- Contributes to the team’s development of internal work practices (e.g., policies, procedures and tools).
- Provides orientation and training to internal and/or external stakeholders within area of responsibility.
- Contributes to, participates in, and supports organizational business transformation initiatives.
The type of person we are looking for:
- Several years of experience with system administration tasks (e.g., domain, database, web server and server administration) or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preference may be given to applicants with current Microsoft cloud administration certifications.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Administration
- Experience with Hyper-V, VMWare, Exchange Server, Office 365 and disaster recovery systems.
- Experience coordinating resolution of technical and business problems while managing multiple tasks and priorities.
- Knowledge of data switches, routers, firewalls, VPN’s and network security.
- Knowledge of computer applications and life cycles including security and risk management aspects and issues.
- Ability to design and implement cloud and on-premise Microsoft technologies.
- Ability to exercise judgement, initiative, and discretion.
- Ability to clearly, and concisely, communicate complex systems information.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Demonstrated ability to automate, streamline and improve the efficiency of systems administration, reporting and monitoring tasks.
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to embrace change.
- Flexible working hours
- 4 weeks’ vacation and other leave provisions
- Dental and Extended health insurance and benefits
- Wellness account
- Maternity and parental leave benefits
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Ergonomic workstations
- Employee and family assistance programs
- Employee professional development and training programs
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.