We have a Manager of Technical Support opportunity at a BC government organization that regulates the province's financial services sector. This is an exciting opportunity that will be part of an integration of three crown agencies.
This position is responsible for the planning, management, design and delivery of information technology support team activities and related services.
What you will be doing on a day-to-day:
- Develop and execute the technical support strategy in support of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Manage a team of technical support professionals including recruiting, mentoring, training, scheduling, performance reviews, performance management, and goal setting.
- Develop a team of technical support professionals as a center of expertise on the organization's technology products and services.
- Ensure the support team is adequately resourced and trained to support internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop systems to capture ‘voice of the user’ feedback loops for reporting to the greater technology organization.
- Work closely with the larger technology teams to develop integrated escalation, support, and lifecycle processes and procedures.
- Proactively identify, implement, and document opportunities for process improvement in all support areas and solutions.
- Establish, maintain, and improve technical support practices according to organization philosophies and ITIL practices.
- Collaboratively establish and recommend support requirements and service levels for products and/or technology.
- Anticipate business impacts from systems changes, ensure documentation is consistent with standards, and develop written and verbal communications as required.
- Manage service desk support lifecycles and user-level knowledge base articles in accordance with expected service levels.
- Develop and report on established service levels, metrics and KPIs.
- Develop and maintains constructive and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
The type of person we are looking for:
- 6+ years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Deep experience in ITIL service management processes with related reporting and analytics.
- Demonstrably superior level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience supporting internal and external stakeholders simultaneously.
- Demonstrated experience building, motivating, and retaining teams.
- Detailed knowledge of current trends, new developments, and best practices in the information technology industry.
- Extensive knowledge of IT Service Management practices.
- Ability to communicate complex systems information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to understand business needs and translate needs into solutions.
- Ability to establish and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to exercise judgement, initiative, and discretion.
- Must be willing to work outside of regular office hours when needed.
- Applicants must be able to successfully meet security screening requirements.
Benefits for you:
- Flexible working hours
- 4 weeks’ vacation and other leave provisions
- Dental and Extended health insurance and benefits
- Wellness account
- Maternity and parental leave benefits
- Defined benefit pension plan
- Ergonomic workstations
- Employee and family assistance programs
- Employee professional development and training programs
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.