Are you an Infrastructure Engineer who can bring new DevOps tools and techniques to the current environment? Do you want to work for a company that is in high growth mode? Our client is a technology start up company which has the financial backing of a well-established, well-connected parent company. We love this company because each team member can make a significant impact, and because they like to hire smart, engaged people.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for an Infrastructure Engineer for a permanent position to maintain the cloud infrastructure and build systems, while also ensuring Developers have all they need to deliver new products and features quickly.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Collaborate in project planning, providing estimates and risk assessments
- Participate in technical design and architecture discussions, leading when appropriate
- Provide meaningful feedback and code reviews
- Mentoring junior team members, providing thoughtful feedback and direction, as appropriate
- Writing and maintaining project and technical documentation
- Environment and server set-up
- Build management and CI delivery pipeline configuration/management.
- Address Web security issues through-out the development lifecycle
- Participate in project planning and analysis as needed
- Investigate, architect, plan, and provision cloud-based systems
- Perform site deployments to various environments
- Work with the software development teams to streamline our build processes and release management via continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Assure teams have supporting infrastructure for entire lifecycle from design to release and liaise with
development, QA, and operation teams
- Continuously monitor and improve the performance, durability and reliability of our services
- Respond to operational incidents and perform root-cause analysis
- You have 3+ years of professional experience in an AWS DevOps role
- You are comfortable with other technologies such as GCP, Heroku, CloudFlare and other PAAS services
- You are proficient in scripting and automation
- You are experienced with CI/CD and gitops services
- You are experienced with different deployment methodologies canary, blue green
- You are experienced with day-2 ops, monitoring and alerting, data migrations, backup recovery
- You have proven experience in multiple cloud vendors and infrastructure as code tools
- You have solid business and collaboration skills with the ability to respond to changing service needs and operational demands
- You are passionate about DevOps patterns and tooling that is frequently evolving
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.