Are you a Ruby on Rails Developer who enjoys analyzing and solving ? Do you want to work for a company that is in high growth mode? Our client is a technology start up company which has the financial backing of a well-established, well-connected parent company. We love this company because each team member can make a significant impact, and because they like to hire smart, engaged people.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Ruby on Rails Developer for a permanent position to help advance and maintain their platform and suite of products.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Maintaining and enhancing various software applications and platforms
- Collaborate in project planning, providing estimates and risk assessments
- Participate in technical design and architecture discussions, leading when appropriate
- Provide meaningful feedback and code reviews
- Mentoring junior team members, providing thoughtful feedback and direction, as
- Team-centred approach to development, providing clean, DRY, readable and
- Implement unit testing and integrate into continuous integration tools as needed
- Diagnose performance issues with code created by others and provide workable
solutions and improvements.
- Fixing code and other issues in QA and regression tests.
- Writing and maintaining project and technical documentation
- Environment and server set-up
- Build management and CI delivery pipeline configuration/management.
- Address Web security issues through-out the development lifecycle
- Participate in project planning and analysis as needed
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- 3+ years experience developing in Ruby on Rails on a production product
- Comfortable articulating technical design verbally and in writing
- Experience with common libraries such as RSpec, Resque, caching
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming S
- Solid understanding of server-side templating languages (Liquid, Slim, HAML)
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Familiarity with development build tools (Bower, Rake, Bundler)
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Strong verbal and written communication
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates..
People are our passion. People are our profession.