Are you a strong Business Analyst with Project Management experience? Do you want to work in a high profile role where you will have opportunities to make a significant impact? Do you want to work for a company that takes pride in their involvement in the community?
Our client has asked us to look for a Business Analyst/Project Manager for a permanent role. We love this company because of the autonomy its employees are given and because of their investment in their employees' professional and personal development.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Continuous engagement and collaboration with internal stakeholders, subject matter experts (SMEs) and end-users to understand and document their needs, business processes and objectives.
- Elicit, write and validate business requirements (high level and detailed).
- Facilitate the evaluation of requests and requirements and explain their feasibility to internal teams.
- Manage projects in partnership with business and technical leaders.
- Regularly communicate with stakeholders and management regarding status, risks and issues.
- Adhere to the firm’s project governance model with accountability for creating and maintaining standard project management artifacts (including charters, schedules and resource plans).
- Own the release management cycle: schedule and coordinate releases across environments (UAT, Production) for assigned products/platforms. Deliverables include sprint plans, updates on work items and overall sprint status, and release notes.
- Coordinate with vendors and implementation teams through all project phases to ensure that the configured solution meets the business and user needs.
- Actively participate in and lead QA/UAT planning, test execution, including issue/bug documentation, follow-up and re-testing.
- Go-Live and Project-to-Operations:
- Serve as the point person to train the trainers and maximize adoption through active engagement and support of users.
- Provide initial operation support during the go-live phase; serve as Tier 2 escalation point and respond to team and user questions, propose systems and training recommendations to management.
- Transition Tier 2 support to other Business and Technology Solutions/Operations team members, including training and documentation.
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- 5+ years’ experience as a Business Analyst. Systems Analyst experience or a technical background is a plus.
- 3+ years’ experience as a Project Manager is required.
- Solid grasp and application of standard project management methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum).
- Proven success in working with internal stakeholders and vendors to deliver commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solutions.
- Demonstrated capacity to work within teams in a cross-functional environment, as well as self-motivated to deliver on individual contributions.
- A keen eye for detail and focus on quality assurance testing.
- Articulate and confident communicator, both written and verbal.
- Effective presentation skills with a demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of the organization through clear, informed and logical discussions.
- Direct experience with Dataphile and Digital Client Onboarding solutions is a strong asset.
- Proficiency with reporting and analytical tools including SQL.
- Experience in the financial (wealth management) industry is an asset.
If you would like to explore this position further, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.