Are you a Junior Systems Administrator with experience with expertise in Office 365? Do you want to make a difference in a non-technology company that has an emphasis on enabling IT to move the business forward? Our client is a large food distribution and manufacturing company that is a leader in its field. We love this company because they really take care of their employees and value IT.
Our client has asked us to look for a Junior Systems Administrator for a permanent position.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Provides general IT or office support to all users via a ticket system, including hardware, software, mobile, phone, and system support.
- Maintains regular inventory of hardware + software, ensuring rapid deployment and replacement.
- Administrates all things Microsoft Office 365, from setting up new users to troubleshooting permissions or SharePoint.
- Supports MFA and VPN setup and troubleshooting for all users.
- Performs routine system administration activities, including account management, system updates, networking updates, and software or hardware troubleshooting.
- Provides networking support, including switch and firewall administration.
- Develops standard IT operating procedures and assists in developing best practices for users.
- Maintains a strong commitment to written documentation, including all ticketing systems and internal documentation systems.
- Trains users or provides new staff orientations, as required.
- Assists with other general support requests, as required.
- Communicates effectively with IT management and all users of IT services and systems.
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- 3+ years of IT support experience preferred in a complex environment supporting 100 or more staff in multiple locations.
- Expert with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office 365 administration.
- Proficient in Microsoft AD and Windows Server administration.
- Basic understanding of virtual environments, including VMWare.
- Basic understanding of networking, including TCP/IP, switch fabric, firewalls, and VPN.
- Experience with KACE or Atlassian Confluence helpful.
- Capable of working independently and autonomously on a variety of assignments.
- Deeply committed to delivering effective, timely, and professional service to all internal and external clients. Considered a model for all staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Able to forge relationships through audio and video conferencing as required
- Demonstrates a proactive approach to resolving issues prior to significant conflict
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate clearly with diverse users
- Tenacious approach to problem solving and resolution
- Variable daytime hours based on coverage requirements, scheduled in advance. Some holiday coverage required.
- Travel to other Lower Mainland businesses via automobile required occasionally. Other travel may be required, for training offsite users or other requirements, as mutually agreed. Must be eligible to travel within Canada and to the US.
If you are interested in exploring this position, please apply now!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.